New Client Information
We are grateful you have chosen our clinic and we are excited to get to meet you!
YOUR NEXT STEPS
Yes, you have homework! We promise to limit the amount, but there are a few items that need your attention before your visit:
- New client forms. You may complete these 2 forms online below (or complete them in our office if you arrive at least 15 minutes before your visit.) We know they can be a pain, but they’re needed for us to learn about you and to be able to do our job, so please complete them!
- Patient Portal. Our providers enjoy interacting with our clients through our patient portal, and this is the quickest and most convenient way for you to get answers to your follow-up questions or be notified of results. Please request a password at your initial office visit, or after your visit call our office to get set up.
- Medical records. We’d like to have relevant test results available at the time of your visit. You may upload records when you fill out the Medical History Form, or you may upload records here:
You may also bring records with you to your initial appointment.
(We can assist you if needed, however, since we don’t know everything you’ve had done, we can never know if we have “all your records” and we cannot be responsible for ensuring we receive everything relevant. We will ask for your providers’ names or the locations where you had testing done, so that we can request these ahead of your visit.)
- Referrals. Some insurance companies require a referral from your PCP for your visit to be covered by your insurance. Please check with your insurance carrier if you are uncertain about your need for a referral. We will do our best to assist you and will let you know if we determine a referral is needed, though ultimately it is your responsibility to make sure any needed referral is in place.
Below you will find some common questions and answers that may help you have an easy introduction to our clinic, and make your visit with us go smoothly and efficiently so we can focus on you.
- How to I get to your clinic?
From the intersection of US Hwy 36 and McCaslin Blvd., head south on McCaslin, straight through the traffic circle, and up the hill. About 1/4 mile past the traffic circle turn left onto Discovery Pkwy, then take your first right up the twisty drive to the main parking lot.
You will enter the main doors, and we are on the 1st floor to your left.
Google directions: click here.
- What can I expect at my visit?
You matter! And we want to help you! You will be treated with kindness and respect by all of our staff, and we do not discriminate against any person for any reason. We will respect your time and try not to “waste” time with administrative tasks if we can avoid them. We will listen to you and do our best to provide exceptional medical care and customer service. Of course, we’d ask for this same respect and kindness from you in dealing with our staff, which will allow us to create an environment where we can work together toward helping you to the best of our abilities.
- What are your current COVID-19 protocols?
Our staff is fully vaccinated. MASKS ARE REQUIRED in the office per Boulder County mandate. Visitors are screened upon entry to our clinic, and we ask you to reschedule or switch to telehealth if you are ill, have a temperature above 100 F, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Surfaces are cleaned and disinfected between visitors.
- How do I pay for my visit?
We contract with most of the major health insurance companies - Anthem BCBS, Cigna, Humana, UnitedHealthcare, and Medicare and some Medicare Advantage plans. At the time of your visit, we will ask for any copayment or deductible amount due. If you have another health insurance, we will request full payment and we will provide you with forms you may use to submit your receipts to insurance for potential reimbursement. If you do not have insurance, we will request full payment at the time of your visit. We accept major credit cards, HSA/FSA cards, checks and cash.
We do not currently accept Medicaid, and by law cannot accept alternate payment for your visit. Please click here if you need help finding a provider who accepts Medicaid.
- Can I get labs drawn before my visit?
Unfortunately, we cannot order tests before your initial visit. We need to be able to perform our assessment before ordering any testing. Once we’ve established a relationship, we will frequently order labs to be performed before future office visits.
We look forward to meeting you, working with you, and helping you achieve your best health!
Dr. Christopher Fox, Sarah Sato NP, and Alpine Center Staff
Dr. Christopher Fox
I am a board-certified endocrinologist in Superior, CO, and I have been in private practice since 2003. People I work with achieve success when they learn all the ingredients of healthy lifestyle and the system to consistently follow through on good intentions. I use my knowledge of endocrine science, psychology, neuroscience, and human behavior to help people make meaningful, lasting changes in their health that they can sustain long-term.