The Sweet Spot is the intersection between medical science and your life.
Why it matters:
Medical science teaches us many ways we can improve our health and treat illness, but it does not show us how to apply this information to your circumstances. Understanding your preferences, values, and limitations is vital for achieving your goals.
- You should be treated differently depending on your priorities. For you it might be less important to have perfect blood sugar control and more important to improve your energy so you can be engaged with your family, for example.
- You'll want a doctor who takes time and has interest in knowing you well enough to understand what is important to you. Many providers become more concerned with metrics such as blood sugar levels, weight, or blood pressure than they are with helping you solve your most pressing problems.
- The healthcare system makes it hard for people to develop a relationship with a provider that meets these goals.
What you can do:
Share your concerns or problems with Sarah or I when you come to clinic. Help us understand what it is like to live your life right now, so we can help you find your "sweet spot."
- Original Sweet Spot Post from 2017 (apologies for the ugly formatting)
- Jobs to Be Done: Discovering Why We Consume Healthcare